Star Fairy Wings
What could be more magical than having your own pair of Fairy Wings?
Comfortable and versatile, these silk Fairy Wings have been a staple in dress-up boxes for over 25 years. Elastic loops make our Fairy Wings easy for children to slip on and off all by themselves, with enough stretch to fit comfortably over clothing for imaginative dress-up styling.
- Dress-up play is the work of the child, and children benefit cognitively, physically, socially, and emotionally through this work.
- Open-ended play with these silk Fairy Wings allows children to express their imagination and support their independence. Children will love to dress up as fairies, dragons, birds, bugs, bats, and more!
- Dramatic play gives the child’s imagination free reign. Who, where, or what they can become is limitless, which allows these costume pieces to grow with the unique creative needs of each child and provides them with many years of lasting play value.
- Made from 100% pure mulberry silk. Gentle on Mother Earth, silk is a natural fiber that breaks down easily and returns to the soil, replenishing and nourishing Mother Earth.
- Silkscreened with earth-friendly dyes
- 26" long
- Care instructions: Hand-wash with mild shampoo or dish soap and warm water. Hang dry, and iron on medium to restore shine.
- Plastic-free packaging
- Safety tested by the rigorous standards of the U.S. & E.U. Fun & safe for all ages!
Meet the Makers
Sarah’s Silks kids costumes, dress up clothing and children's toys inspire imaginative play. Drawing from the philosophies of Waldorf education and her own childhood of imaginative play, Sarah has been designing Playsilks and other natural, eco-friendly wooden and silk toys for over 28 years. The Sarah’s Silks family is a diverse group of people brought together to inspire the imagination of children around the world through open-ended toys made from natural, earth-friendly materials.
From the beginning, Sarah Silk's has prioritized a moral responsibility to the earth and its people. It has always been important that their manufacturing process be sensitive to the environment, and that the people involved at every step of the process are treated with respect, receive a fair wage, and are not expected to work in uncomfortable or hazardous conditions. They have the pleasure of visiting the facilities where the silks are made, and meeting the skilled people who hand-dye and hem their products in the beautiful villages of Suzhou and Nanchong. Integral to this community is the celebration of the incredible craftspeople that make Playsilks! They are medium sized, family-run businesses that have grown with them for over 20 years, in turn helping each other to shape the businesses they are today.