Sensitive Laundry Marseille Soap Flakes
When Marius Fabre Soap Company committed to a philosophy of making natural products that are kind to people and to the environment they had this product in mind.
Guaranteed fragrance free and with no additives, these Marseille soap flakes are recommended for a gentle and efficient wash of all textiles, in particular fragile items (baby clothes, wool, silk, lace etc.). They are also biodegradable and phosphate free.
- 100% vegetable oils (Oleic sunflower oil, coconut oil)
- Free from artificial colourings, fragrance and preservatives
- Without chemical additives
- Without palm oil
- Also contains: Aqua, Glycerine, Sodium chloride, Sodium hydroxide
Instructions for use:
Dilute 1/4 cup of Marseille soap flakes in 4 cups of very hot water. Shake well and then dilute with 1 liter of extra hot water. Use cold water for wool.
Dilute 1/4 cup of flakes in 4 cups of very hot water, shake well and then dilute with ½ liter of extra hot water. When ready to wash use 3.38 oz of the mix into the detergent holder of your washing machine or directly into the drum. Check the machine’s user’s manual as to not exceed the indicated dose to avoid overabundant foam/lather.
- Recommended for delicate clothing, baby linen, woollens, as well as for people suffering from skin irritations.
- If your water is hard, add a cupful of white vinegar in the fabric conditioner compartment at regular intervals.
- For a scented fragrance, add a few drops of essential oil to your washing liquid (e.g. lavender, tea-tree or citrus).
- For a whiter than white effect, add a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda or a small handful of soda crystals
Meet the Makers
For more than 118 years and four generations, the family of Marius Fabre has been making Marseille soap exclusively from a rigorous selection of vegetable oils. It contains no colouring and no synthetic additives. It is free of petroleum-based products and animal fats, unlike most of the other soaps and shower gels on the market.
In 1900, barely 22, Marius Fabre founded his soap company in Salon-de-Provence. He started up in the garden shed, where he set up two cauldrons and a few moulds.
At that time, Salon-de-Provence was an extremely prosperous city, thanks to the commerce of oil, soap and coffee. The abundance of raw materials in Provence (olive oil in the Alpilles, soda and salt in the Camargue made possible the development of the soap-making industry in Marseille.
The use of cauldrons for soap making is not very common today but has stood the test of time at Marius Fabre. Now managed by the great granddaughters of Marius himself, they remain committed to a traditional style of soap making for over 120 years and through four generations. The Marseille soap tradition follows the cooking process to the ultimate stage of testing the product to ensure its done to perfection.
Since 1900, Marius Fabre products remain an art and continue to be produced according to the same philosophy :
- based on vegetable oils,
- without the use of animal fats,
- no artificial colourings or parabens,
- not tested on animals,
- biodegradable, respects the environment,
- recyclable packaging