Marseille White Soap for Laundry and Dishwashing
In an effort to reduce the ecological influence of their soap making, Marius Fabre spent 8 years to find a way to remove palm oil from all of their soaps. This major environmental issue is now materialized by a new formulation with a very special oil, oleic sunflower oil, which completely replaces palm oil.
Made of vegetable oils, free from artificial colourings, fragrance and chemical products, our cube of white Marseille soap is recommended to wash all textiles gently, in particular delicate items (baby clothes, fragile fabrics…). It is also very efficient on resistant stains.
This bar can also be used on your face and body and even to wash dishes. Read instructions below for dishwashing. You already know how to clean your body!
Important things to know about sunflower oil, an oil with many important qualities:
- A variety of sunflowers are very rich in oleic acids
- A composition that is very close to olive oil, therefore very kind to the skin
- Rich in Omega 9 and vitamin E, oleic sunflower oil is a natural antioxidant
- A more sustainable oil
- The seeds of this sunflower are entirely refined in France, 200km away from Salon de Provence.
- 100% vegetable oils (Oleic sunflower oil, coconut oil)
- Plastic free packaging, 200g block comes unboxed
- Free from artificial colourings, fragrance and preservatives
- Without chemical additives or palm oil
- Other ingredients include: Aqua, Glycerine (trace amounts only that are naturally present in vegetable oil), Sodium chloride, Sodium hydroxide
- For laundry washing:
- For stubborn stains: rub the cube of soap on the stain before washing. Put the garment in your washing machine. Ideal for greasy stains, stubborn stains and shirt collars.
- For hand-washing: gently washes all textiles, in particular delicate items (baby clothes, wool, silk, lace, etc.) Wet the clothes. Wash them with the Marseille soap. Make a foam. Rinse in clean water.
- For dishwashing:
- Hold and rub under running water while you fill your sink or leave in a small bowl or soap dish by the sink to rub your brush or cleaning sponge across to gather soap. Keep bar dry after use by draining water from the bowl or soap dish.
Meet the Makers
For more than 118 years and four generations, the family of Marius Fabre has been making Marseille soap exclusively from a rigorous selection of vegetable oils. It contains no colouring and no synthetic additives. It is free of petroleum-based products and animal fats, unlike most of the other soaps and shower gels on the market.
In 1900, barely 22, Marius Fabre founded his soap company in Salon-de-Provence. He started up in the garden shed, where he set up two cauldrons and a few moulds.
At that time, Salon-de-Provence was an extremely prosperous city, thanks to the commerce of oil, soap and coffee. The abundance of raw materials in Provence (olive oil in the Alpilles, soda and salt in the Camargue made possible the development of the soap-making industry in Marseille.
The use of cauldrons for soap making is not very common today but has stood the test of time at Marius Fabre. Now managed by the great granddaughters of Marius himself, they remain committed to a traditional style of soap making for over 120 years and through four generations. The Marseille soap tradition follows the cooking process to the ultimate stage of testing the product to ensure its done to perfection.
Since 1900, Marius Fabre products remain an art and continue to be produced according to the same philosophy :
- based on vegetable oils,
- without the use of animal fats,
- no artificial colourings or parabens,
- not tested on animals,
- biodegradable, respects the environment,
- recyclable packaging