Around the Year Playmap | Mini Playsilk
Give your child a Playmap and you’ll be amazed by all the ways they play!
The Around the Year Playmap is a 21x21-inch square made from gorgeous, heavyweight, 100% pure mulberry silk, and printed with non-toxic, earth-friendly dyes.
Why Children LOVE Playmaps:
- Supports child-directed play
- Encourages small world play
- Grows with the child
- Made from 100% pure mulberry silk. Gentle on Mother Earth, silk is a natural fiber that breaks down easily and returns to the soil, replenishing and nourishing Mother Earth.
- 21 X 21 Inch Square
- Care instructions: Hand-wash with mild shampoo or dish soap and warm water. Hang dry, and iron on medium to restore shine.
- Plastic-free packaging
- Safety tested by the rigorous standards of the U.S. & E.U. Fun & safe for all ages!
Meet the Makers
Sarah’s Silks kids costumes, dress up clothing and children's toys inspire imaginative play. Drawing from the philosophies of Waldorf education and her own childhood of imaginative play, Sarah has been designing Playsilks and other natural, eco-friendly wooden and silk toys for over 28 years. The Sarah’s Silks family is a diverse group of people brought together to inspire the imagination of children around the world through open-ended toys made from natural, earth-friendly materials.
From the beginning, Sarah Silk's has prioritized a moral responsibility to the earth and its people. It has always been important that their manufacturing process be sensitive to the environment, and that the people involved at every step of the process are treated with respect, receive a fair wage, and are not expected to work in uncomfortable or hazardous conditions. They have the pleasure of visiting the facilities where the silks are made, and meeting the skilled people who hand-dye and hem their products in the beautiful villages of Suzhou and Nanchong. Integral to this community is the celebration of the incredible craftspeople that make Playsilks! They are medium sized, family-run businesses that have grown with them for over 20 years, in turn helping each other to shape the businesses they are today.